Martin E. O’Brien
- Co-founded Allied Insurance with his father, Martin C. O’Brien, in 1982
- Nationally recognized expert and speaker on insurance niche marketing
- Founder and Charter Board Member of Target Markets Program Administrators Association
- Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers previous board member. The CIAB is the largest insurance broker industry group in the world.
- Member of the Smithsonian Board of Archives of American Art
- Scaffold Industry Association Education Foundation past board member.
- Founding partner of Pittsburgh Social Venture Partners, a collaboration of individuals who invest time, expertise and capital to serve at-risk youth
- Advisory Board Member of The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Member of the Board of Trustees for The Smithsonian’s Archives of American Art
- Elected board member of the Westmoreland Museum of American Art
- Graduate of USF&G Insurance School
- B.A., Marietta College
Tres is proud to be part of the Allied team and values how well the Hometown team works to provide their customers with unparalleled service. He is a dedicated insurance professional who strives to provide his clients with timely and effective insurance solutions. Tres has used the knowledge garnered from his professional life to help overhaul his fraternity’s, Phi Kappa Psi, loss control procedures and is also an active member of their Alumni Advisory Committee. Tres spends a lot of his free time outside as an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting, fishing, and camping.
- Serves rental equipment, party goods and scaffold clients in the western U.S.
- B.A., Allegheny College
- Joined Allied in 1998
Initially Jared worked as a Deputy Sheriff, but soon realized he was better suited for a career as an insurance broker. Jared truly cares about the well being of his clients and coworkers. Each and every day he does his best to ensure his clients the protection they deserve. He believes TRUST is the ultimate key to a beneficial and long-lasting relationship with his clients. In his off time he enjoys playing basketball and visiting the gun range. His wit and outstanding work ethic make Jared an exceptional and enjoyable employee for Allied.
- Serves crane clients across the entire U.S.
- B.A., Penn State Behrend
- Joined Allied in 2007
- With Allied since 1986; promoted to current position in 2000
- Serves as controller, handles human resources, and leads ongoing efforts to automate operations for maximum efficiency and client convenience
- Featured in numerous publications for expertise and efforts in automation
- In second class of insurance professionals to earn Associate in Automation Management (AAM) designation
- Associate Business Degree, Robert Morris University
Susan D. Mason
- With Allied since 2008; promoted to current position in 2011
- Thirty-five years experience in insurance industry
- Prior experience includes agency management; sales, service and marketing for complex commercial lines clients; construction contracts and coverage
- Additional training in Agency Automation, Risk Management and Commercial Insurance coverage issues
- Designated Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Designated Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
Cameron Boots, CSP, CHST, CRIS
Spearheading Allied’s Risk Engineering Division, Cameron has made a name for himself as one of the leading safety and risk management leaders in our industry. Cameron strives to provide clients with the opportunity for growth, efficiency, and effectiveness through risk solutions as his thoight and approach through safety & risk is unlike any traditional approach. He is currently the Technology Chairman on the Risk Management National Board of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), as well as the Treasurer ASSE Western Pennsylvania Chapter. Also, Cameron is a A11 Main Committee member of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Cameron is a graduate of Slippery Rock University with a B.A. in Safety Management.
Landin Beer, CRIS
Landin started at Allied working as an Account Manager alongside Allied’s senior producers. In that time she immersed herself within the crane and scaffold property & casualty niche insurance markets, learning how to provide proactive insurance and risk management solutions to these unique industries. Landin has also earned her Construction Risk Insurance Specialist (CRIS) designation. Prior to Allied, she spent time as a Sales Representative with Aflac. Landin is a graduate of the Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management. Landin will manage a territory that includes the states of IL, IN, MI, MN, and WI.
A graduate of Robert Morris University, Bill is an insurance professional with over 30 years of claims audit experience. In September 2007, Bill began an independent practice, which he has built from zero revenue to a relationship with an international Fortune 100 company, whose open portfolio of workers’ compensation claims was reduced by 15% in eighteen months, entirely as a result of Bill’s efforts. This success generated a return on investment of $7.00 for every $1.00 spent for Bill’s services. Bill has also been graced with the opportunity to work with an assisted living company where his influence on workers’ compensation claims has realized a 42% savings to the claim portfolio. In February 2010, Bill started a relationship with an international privately held concern where his impact to their legacy claims has reduced the open count by 60%. Bill’s goal is to continue to advocate and create opportunities for clients and to reduce their overall claim costs, while at the same time growing their business.
Ondra Bachorski, CIC
Ondra has been with Allied since the start of the Nonprofit and Human Services Program. She is completely dedicated to her clients and the program and has a personal connection with various aspects of the social services she serves. She truly enjoys her job and helping nonprofits find the right solutions for their needs and has even helped developed specialized coverages when needed. In her free time, Ondra enjoys spending time with her friends and family at her cabin.
- Serves Nonprofit and Human Services Organizations in Western PA and surrounding communities
- 25 Years of Insurance Experience
- Joined Allied in 1997
Lisa’s insurance experience dates back to 1994 when she began employment with Marsh (aka Johnson & Higgins) and continued with Wells Fargo Insurance from 2003-2014. During that time, she earned both graduate and undergraduate degrees in Organizational Leadership from Robert Morris University.
Emily Ramos, CIC, CISR
Emily has been with Allied since 2006, starting out in the Health and Human Services and Wood Products Departments. Since 2006, her responsibilities have led her to be involved with all of niches Allied serves yet her heart will always be with the clients in the social services. Emily has a strong work ethic coupled with a desire to grow and stay educated on coverages and exposures that face Allied’s clients. In her free time, Emily enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 children, enjoys traveling and cooking.