Martin E. O’Brien
- Co-founded Allied Insurance with his father, Martin C. O’Brien, in 1982
- Nationally recognized expert and speaker on insurance niche marketing
- Founder and Charter Board Member of Target Markets Program Administrators Association
- Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers previous board member. The CIAB is the largest insurance broker industry group in the world.
- Member of the Smithsonian Board of Archives of American Art
- Scaffold Industry Association Education Foundation past board member.
- Founding partner of Pittsburgh Social Venture Partners, a collaboration of individuals who invest time, expertise and capital to serve at-risk youth
- Advisory Board Member of The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Member of the Board of Trustees for The Smithsonian’s Archives of American Art
- Elected board member of the Westmoreland Museum of American Art
- Graduate of USF&G Insurance School
- B.A., Marietta College
Tres is proud to be part of the Allied team and values how well the Hometown team works to provide their customers with unparalleled service. He is a dedicated insurance professional who strives to provide his clients with timely and effective insurance solutions. Tres has used the knowledge garnered from his professional life to help overhaul his fraternity’s, Phi Kappa Psi, loss control procedures and is also an active member of their Alumni Advisory Committee. Tres spends a lot of his free time outside as an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting, fishing, and camping.
- Serves rental equipment, party goods and scaffold clients in the western U.S.
- B.A., Allegheny College
- Joined Allied in 1998
- With Allied since 1986; promoted to current position in 2000
- Serves as controller, handles human resources, and leads ongoing efforts to automate operations for maximum efficiency and client convenience
- Featured in numerous publications for expertise and efforts in automation
- In second class of insurance professionals to earn Associate in Automation Management (AAM) designation
- Associate Business Degree, Robert Morris University
Susan D. Mason
- With Allied since 2008; promoted to current position in 2011
- Thirty-five years experience in insurance industry
- Prior experience includes agency management; sales, service and marketing for complex commercial lines clients; construction contracts and coverage
- Additional training in Agency Automation, Risk Management and Commercial Insurance coverage issues
- Designated Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Designated Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
Initially Jared worked as a Deputy Sheriff, but soon realized he was better suited for a career as an insurance broker. Jared truly cares about the well being of his clients and coworkers. Each and every day he does his best to ensure his clients the protection they deserve. He believes TRUST is the ultimate key to a beneficial and long-lasting relationship with his clients. In his off time he enjoys playing basketball and visiting the gun range. His wit and outstanding work ethic make Jared an exceptional and enjoyable employee for Allied.
- Serves crane clients across the entire U.S.
- B.A., Penn State Behrend
- Joined Allied in 2007