Martin E. O’Brien
- Co-founded Allied Insurance with his father, Martin C. O’Brien, in 1982
- Nationally recognized expert and speaker on insurance niche marketing
- Founder and Charter Board Member of Target Markets Program Administrators Association
- Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers previous board member. The CIAB is the largest insurance broker industry group in the world.
- Member of the Smithsonian Board of Archives of American Art
- Scaffold Industry Association Education Foundation past board member.
- Founding partner of Pittsburgh Social Venture Partners, a collaboration of individuals who invest time, expertise and capital to serve at-risk youth
- Advisory Board Member of The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Member of the Board of Trustees for The Smithsonian’s Archives of American Art
- Elected board member of the Westmoreland Museum of American Art
- Graduate of USF&G Insurance School
- B.A., Marietta College
Jeff has been with Allied for over 25 years and was named President of Allied Insurance Brokers in January 2015. Over his time here, Jeff’s business development skills, insurance experience, and niche industry expertise has helped make Allied one of the leading insurance brokers in the United States. Jeff is also a shareholder of Allied and a member of its Board of Directors. He an adoring husband and a father of two.
- Serves large crane, equipment rental and scaffolding clients nationwide
- B.A., Allegheny College
- Joined Allied in 1990
- With Allied since 1986; promoted to current position in 2000
- Serves as controller, handles human resources, and leads ongoing efforts to automate operations for maximum efficiency and client convenience
- Featured in numerous publications for expertise and efforts in automation
- In second class of insurance professionals to earn Associate in Automation Management (AAM) designation
- Associate Business Degree, Robert Morris University
Susan D. Mason
- With Allied since 2008; promoted to current position in 2011
- Thirty-five years experience in insurance industry
- Prior experience includes agency management; sales, service and marketing for complex commercial lines clients; construction contracts and coverage
- Additional training in Agency Automation, Risk Management and Commercial Insurance coverage issues
- Designated Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Designated Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
Tres is proud to be part of the Allied team and values how well the Hometown team works to provide their customers with unparalleled service. He is a dedicated insurance professional who strives to provide his clients with timely and effective insurance solutions. Tres has used the knowledge garnered from his professional life to help overhaul his fraternity’s, Phi Kappa Psi, loss control procedures and is also an active member of their Alumni Advisory Committee. Tres spends a lot of his free time outside as an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting, fishing, and camping.
- Serves rental equipment, party goods and scaffold clients in the western U.S.
- B.A., Allegheny College
- Joined Allied in 1998
Initially Jared worked as a Deputy Sheriff, but soon realized he was better suited for a career as an insurance broker. Jared truly cares about the well being of his clients and coworkers. Each and every day he does his best to ensure his clients the protection they deserve. He believes TRUST is the ultimate key to a beneficial and long-lasting relationship with his clients. In his off time he enjoys playing basketball and visiting the gun range. His wit and outstanding work ethic make Jared an exceptional and enjoyable employee for Allied.
- Serves crane clients across the entire U.S.
- B.A., Penn State Behrend
- Joined Allied in 2007
Mr. McElhaney’s safety management experience dates back to 1992 as a Site Safety Manger on several large scale construction projects across the country. Mr. McElhaney then became the Safety & Risk Management Director for companies such as Taggart Global LLC, Chester Engineers and Fenner Dunlop Americas until 2014 when he became a Senior Safety Consultant for Wells Service Group. Throughout his career, Mr. McElhaney has garnished many awards and accomplishments such as the AGC Safety Excellence award and the PA Governor’s Safety Excellence award. Mr. McElhaney has a B.S. in Occupational Safety & Health Management from Slippery Rock University and a M.S. in Safety Management from West Virginia University.
A graduate of Robert Morris University, Bill is an insurance professional with over 30 years of claims audit experience. In September 2007, Bill began an independent practice, which he has built from zero revenue to a relationship with an international Fortune 100 company, whose open portfolio of workers’ compensation claims was reduced by 15% in eighteen months, entirely as a result of Bill’s efforts. This success generated a return on investment of $7.00 for every $1.00 spent for Bill’s services. Bill has also been graced with the opportunity to work with an assisted living company where his influence on workers’ compensation claims has realized a 42% savings to the claim portfolio. In February 2010, Bill started a relationship with an international privately held concern where his impact to their legacy claims has reduced the open count by 60%. Bill’s goal is to continue to advocate and create opportunities for clients and to reduce their overall claim costs, while at the same time growing their business.
Ondra Bachorski, CIC
Ondra has been with Allied since the start of the Nonprofit and Human Services Program. She is completely dedicated to her clients and the program and has a personal connection with various aspects of the social services she serves. She truly enjoys her job and helping nonprofits find the right solutions for their needs and has even helped developed specialized coverages when needed. In her free time, Ondra enjoys spending time with her friends and family at her cabin.
- Serves Nonprofit and Human Services Organizations in Western PA and surrounding communities
- 25 Years of Insurance Experience
- Joined Allied in 1997
Kala Chavern, CLCS
Kala has been with Allied since 2013, starting out as the Sales Center Coordinator. After developing a high understanding of the insurance world and earning her CLCS designation, and combining that with a strong work ethic and a great customer service focus, Kala was promoted into her current position within the Health and Human Services Department. Kala truly feels at home working with Health & Human Service organizations and is fulfilled by being able to help organizations that strive to help others. Kala attended California University of Pennsylvania and in her free time likes to be with her family and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Lisa’s insurance experience dates back to 1994 when she began employment with Marsh (aka Johnson & Higgins) and continued with Wells Fargo Insurance from 2003-2014. During that time, she earned both graduate and undergraduate degrees in Organizational Leadership from Robert Morris University.
Emily Ramos, CIC, CISR
Emily has been with Allied since 2006, starting out in the Health and Human Services and Wood Products Departments. Since 2006, her responsibilities have led her to be involved with all of niches Allied serves yet her heart will always be with the clients in the social services. Emily has a strong work ethic coupled with a desire to grow and stay educated on coverages and exposures that face Allied’s clients. In her free time, Emily enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 children, enjoys traveling and cooking.